Program and Product Assistant
goShadow is a suite of tools to collect, analyze, and aggregate an organization’s process and experience-level data real-time. By possessing real-time data, teams come together to truly co-design more ideal experiences that deliver clinical outcomes and operational value for all stakeholders.
Program and Product Assistant Graduate Internship
The Program and Product Assistant will work closely with the Project Manager to:
- Provide programmatic and project support for: goShadow data collection (shadowing), data aggregation and analytics, report development, “What Matters” product database, and other opportunities with clients as they arise.
- Input, aggregation, and organization of collected qualitative and quantitative data collected for client projects.
- Participate in weekly product development meetings pertaining to progress of reporting platforms, goShadow and “What Matter” product development, as well as monthly program meetings.
- Support the AMD3 Foundation, Operation Walk Pittsburgh, UPMC Innovation Center (IC) and UPMC Bone and Joint Center (BJC) as needed.
Specific Internship Outcomes
Upon completion of this internship, the Program and Product Assistant will:
- Acquire and practice experience and skills in maintaining and developing an extensive quantitative and qualitative database. Utilize data visualization skills and product development with program and client team.
- Gain understanding of process improvement strategies, measurement strategies, and program management with external clients.
- Acquire familiarity working with a healthcare IT start-up to develop the program and product.
Required & Desired Skills
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of healthcare experience or one year of healthcare coursework at the graduate level. They will be in good academic standing and be available for the entirety of the internship period of April 2020- August 2020. They will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and experience using Google and Microsoft suite products, specifically Excel and spreadsheet functionality. They will be able to multitask in a fast-paced, team environment under direct supervision but also thrive as a self-starter.
Compensation, Schedule & Structure
The Program and Product Assistant will be financially compensated $16-$25 per hour based on previous experience. Schedule is full- time during summer months with option to extend part time during the school year if mutually agreeable. The Program and Product Assistant will report directly to the Project Manager for all internship efforts. They may report to the CEO as needed. At the close of the internship, a formal performance evaluation will be conducted.
Qualified applicants will submit a 1-2 page resume, including 3 references, and a 1 page cover letter to goShadow by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2020, with the subject line Program Assistant Application. For more information about goShadow, please visit www.goshadow.org.